Thursday, February 08, 2007

Love Is All Around

Some people possess the ability to transform themselves into something else. Of course, these transformations are often dictated by the events on the calendar.
....Haven't you ever noticed how everyone magically becomes "Irish" on St. Patrick's Day? Not long afterward, those leprechauns morph into Easter bunnies. Then before you know it, they are all red-white-and-blue Uncle Sams! The ultimate changes occur on Halloween as they become witches and hobgoblins. Later still, everyone becomes turkeys! Then they are all in jolly moods playing Santa Claus.
....Where do they go from there? Why, they grow wings and go hunting with a bow and arrow! They have become Cupid ! Yes, on St. Valentine's Day everyone's a lover.

LOVE IS ALL AROUND
-by the Troggs
I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
Love is all around me
And so the feeling grows

It’s written on the wind
It’s everywhere I go,
So if you really love me
Come on and let it show

You know I love you
I always will
My mind’s made up
By the way that I feel

There’s no beginning
There’ll be no end
‘Cause on my love
You can depend

I see your face before me
As I lay on my bed
I kinda get to thinking
Of all the things you said,

You gave your promise to me
And I gave mine to you
I need someone beside me
In everything I do,

You know I love you
I always will
My mind’s made up
By the way that I feel

There’s no beginning
There’ll be no end
‘Cause on my love
You can depend

Oh, it’s written in the wind
And everywhere I go
So if you really love me
Come on and let it show

Come on and let it show...


I Had A Dream

A young woman was taking an afternoon nap. After she woke up, she told her husband, "I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's day. What do you think it means?"
...."You'll know tonight." he said.
....That evening, the man came home with a small package and gave it to his wife. Delighted, she opened it--only to find a book entitled "The Meaning of Dreams".

Sending Cards

A guy walks into a post office one day to see a middle-aged, balding man standing at the counter methodically placing "Love" stamps on bright pink envelopes with hearts all over them. He then takes out a perfume bottle and starts spraying scent all over them.
....His curiosity getting the better of him, he goes up to the balding man and asks him what he is doing. The man says, "I'm sending out one thousand Valentine cards signed, 'Guess who?'"
...."But why?" asks the man.
...."I'm a divorce lawyer," the man replies.


No.889

5 comments:

jules said...

Love my be all around, but it's Lust I'm after.

Serena said...

Yep, love is in the air. Somebody hand out the oxygen masks.:)

Nankin said...

Great poem. What comes after cupid with his little bow abd arrow?

Jack K. said...

Nice post.

Loved the divorce lawyer joke.

Peter said...

Hi there, I’ve been relying on using Bloglines to do my daily rounds of the blogroll for a while now, it’s a very time saving method but it feels a bit impersonal at times, so it’s a hot Saturday, I’m gonna sit here and visit with everyone, It won’t feel any different to you but know that I chose to visit today instead of just answering an electronic reminder.
Have a good day.
Your usual standard Mike... No ... don't be offended, I meant your usual high standard.