Thursday, October 04, 2007

Navel Contemplation

Tonight while I was speculating upon what issue this post should be relating,
I found myself procrastinating, not exactly sure on what I should be concentrating.
Then I found was I hesitating when I was listening to a newsman communicating
About the Federal government allocating a lot of money for a military base relocating.

Now I'm contemplating .... because there on the screen was a news anchor discussing a NAVEL base.

I was in the Navy during the so-called Vietnam Era, and I know how sailors think. Given the choice of going down with their ship at sea or going down on a navel, seaman will choose the latter.

The story was repeated a little later and there on the screen was the same spelling blunder. Apparently no one associated with the newscast had caught the error. Then there was a thought that possibly no one knew it was an error!

So now I find myself contemplating navels. There were no visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. No, there were instead mental images of:

belly buttons, innies and outies, belly button lint, navel piercings, hairy navels, fuzzy navels, navel oranges, et cetera.

I could be contemplating things like: "What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about? ...And if it's not, then what is?"

There are more important things for me to contemplate like: Why did I make my anniversary the PIN number for my ATM card? I can never remember it!

Did the person who first thought wedding vows should be confirmed with "I Do," realize that after so many years of marriage, "you don't?"

To my chagrin, the picture at the right was recalled. I have seen it on the web before, but never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever try to find it and thus post it here.

Here is a woman who must spend a lot of time contemplating her navel! To enlarge the picture (if you dare) click on it. If you lost your lunch, don't blame me. You were warned.

I could probably contemplate a few more things ... but frankly, I haven't the stomach for it and you'd prbably have trouble digesting it.

No.1128

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That could be a new diet. Tape the photo of that fat broad on your fridge. You'll never go near it again.

-Caveman

Serena said...

I enlarged the picture and I'm pretty sorry I did. I may not eat tomorrow. Maybe I'll contemplate Naval guys instead.:-)

Scary Monster said...

Well Me be pretty certain that she's not Eve!