Sunday, July 27, 2008

Double Dipping

Saturday POODLE DOODLES
Like Snoopy


Life in the Fast Lane


Sunday POODLE DOODLES
Rough Neighborhood


Fresh Air



I went to bed Friday night thinking I had "published" the post for that day. On Saturday morning I discovered I had not - it was still in draft status. I left Friday's date on it and published Dipping Pens in Company Ink on Saturday.

With an otherwise busy schedule on Saturday, a half a day of work, the need to shop for a new cell phone and to work on the next chapter of my short story Echoes of Eddie, I was unable to come up with an idea for a Saturday post. I figured it was no big deal since blog readership and hits diminish on the weekends anyway. (Some people actually have a life on the weekends?)

For the past two and a half months I been posting two sets of panels of my original comic strip, Poodle Doodles, on both Saturday and Sunday. With no post on Saturday, I had to "double-dip" and scanned four sets to be published in this Sunday post. If you haven't seen the previous posts of Poodle Doodles, you'll find links to all the strips published to date on my sidebar under the title "Previous Toons."

Sometimes I drew other cartoons:

Before Photoshop, there was the original cut & paste method:


And sometimes my drawings were more of an adult nature ...


Until I started posting my Poodle Doodles comic strip ten weeks ago, I really hadn't done much drawing in nearly thirty years. Now that I am able to scan my drawings - (Why did I wait so long to get a scanner?) - I have regained a desire to draw again. I am posting "Poodles" every Saturday and Sunday. From time to time I will post some new cartoons like those above.

Someone suggested that I should start a new blog exclusively for my drawings and cartoons and use this for my writing. That is something I might consider in the future.

No.1419

5 comments:

Skunkfeathers said...

I tried doing a blog and website simultaneously, but guess I'm too lazy; I did it for two years, and then gave up the website ;) Lazy!

kenju said...

Whatever you do, don't stop drawing!! I like your cartoons.

Hale McKay said...

Skunk,

I hear you there. I was having a hard enough time keeping up with this site and Verbicidal Tendencies before Serena took a sabbatical from our partnered endeavor. Since her absence, I am finding it to be burdensome to post to both. (That's not counting Suppository of the Soul which I post to maybe twice a month - and it doesn't count a Yahoo 360 blog which is lucky if it sees a post in any given month.

Of course, if I were to open another site for my cartoons and drawings, it would not be one that would receive daily postings.

It isn't that I'm lazy - at least not yet - I just can't seem to find enough free time to devote to all those sites.

Hale McKay said...

Jack,

To the point. Consider it under advisement.

Hale McKay said...

Judy,

I'm finding enjoyment in drawing again. I just need to manage my time between the art and the prose.