Sunday, October 05, 2008

Better Early Than Never

Sunday POODLE DOODLES

World War I Ace


The Mole Hunter



I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's not like I haven't seen it before. Indeed it's the same thing every year!

It started last Sunday, 9/28, that some of the stores started putting out their goods for Halloween. (Avoid the rush! There are only 34 shopping days until Halloween!)

Yeah, right! Like I want to be the first in my neighborhood to start eating the candy I stocked up on for Halloween. It's a conspiracy. They want you to buy it early, eat it and then have to buy some more to replace it. By starting so early, the store may benefit from those of us who will have to replace the candy a second - or Heaven forbid - even a third time!

I didn't fall for their underhanded marketing. No sir, not me!

Well, I did buy three six packs of these @ $1.99 each.

Hey, it was a great buy! Besides, these are my favorite candy bars. It's not like these will be given out to those little costumed mooching trick-or-treaters! Uh-uh! No way!

So you see, this doesn't count that I bought Halloween candy early.

These retail establishments aren't ever satisfied. On Wednesday, 10/1, one store had condensed the Halloween displays to make room for the first of the Christmas goods! (Avoid the rush! There are only 86 shopping days until Christmas!)

I didn't fall for that ploy either. Besides, the Reese's Christmas Tree candy is not available yet.

I suppose I should start digging out some of my handmade Halloween crafts. The broom-riding witch at the left stands 24-inches high. The tallest pumpkin (right) is 18-inches tall. Like most of the crafts I used to make, these were drawn onto a piece of 3/4" pine and cut out with a scroll saw before being painted and protected with a couple of coats clear water-base varnish.

How can you tell if a Vampire is a Southerner?


They put salt on everything before they bite into it!


Maybe they should just combine the holidays...


...Into one and get them over with!

No.1485

4 comments:

Skunkfeathers said...

Merry Thanksgiveoween, eh? *Nightmares* ;)

Christina said...

Ooooh, i looooove Reeses peanut butter cups!!! That's why i dont buy them...EVER!

Hale McKay said...

Skunk,

New Burton movie? Nightmare on Thanksgiveoween.

Hale McKay said...

Christina,

Strange as it may seem, I don't actually care for the "regular" Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

But I really like these holiday ones: pumpkins for Halloween; Christmas trees; Easter Eggs.