Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Metaphor, Too Bad She Wasn't a Ten

Sunday POODLE DOODLES

Morning Coffee


A Soap Opera


HILLBILLY METAPHORS

"It's hotter today than, two gerbils humping in a wool sock!"
"Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit."
"That boy is dumber than a box of hair."
"It's been hotter'n a goat's butt in a pepper patch."

"Cute as a sack full of puppies."
"Gooder than grits."
"If something is really thin, it's "fine as frog's hair."
"Busier than a cat covering crap on a marble floor."

Wintery roads are said to be "slicker than otter snot."
Someone who is bothersome is "like a booger you can't thump off."
"He fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down."
If something is hard to do, it's "like trying to herd cats."

"She's uglier than homemade soap."
"Uglier than a bucket of armpits."
"The wheels still turning, but the hamster's dead"
"I'm just about as welcome at my inlaws, as a hair in a biscuit."

Desk Caddy

I've been wanting a practical desk caddy for some time. I saw this one advertised on the web and in a catalog we received in the mail recently. Not only is it practical, but it's also a funny conversation piece. I'm going to order one!

House Catty


Doggone It! I'm Tired!


GOOD NIGHT!

No.1445

4 comments:

Peter said...

I like your choice of desk caddy's Mike.

kenju said...

Good post, Mike. I can't believe your cartoons aren't syndicated!

Hale McKay said...

Peter,

Thanks. Good to hear from you. I'll be stopping by to read your post on Uluru - Ayers Rock.

Hale McKay said...

Judy,

Maybe the cartoons will be "discovered" here?