Saturday, November 15, 2008

On the Mild Side

Saturday POODLE DOODLES

If You Can't Stand the Heat..


What's wrong with this picture? My chores for today included filling the gas can and getting the snow blower ready to be fired up tomorrow. An errand found me at the hardware store picking up some ice melt. In new England that is not unusual activity for the middle of November.

Yet, it seemed to be a fool's folly today. It was mild. The temperature was 65 degrees! It might seem that I'm looking forward to snow. NFW! Not on your life.

They have a saying up here; "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute!". There is no snow in the immediate forecast for this area, but the weather reports has the day time temps in the 30s for Tuesday and Wednesday. That is just about cold enough for snow fall. Parts of New York, western Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine have already had their first snowfalls. Some mid western states have also seen the white stuff.

Enough of that four-letter word!

This time of year is also when many of you will be making plans for Christmas parties. If a Christmas party you are going to be attending happens to be an office party, Playboy Magazine offers up the following tips of "no-no's":

I don't know ... I thought the idea of a party was to have fun. Well, you can always hang out the table with all the hors d'oeuvres and pick at those little pieces of cheese:

Well, I am a pundit of puns....

№ 1526

8 comments:

Jack K. said...

If you like puns, oh mighty PUNdit, you will love my comment to your comment about Christmas for retirees.

Christina said...

party fouls - LOL!!

"cheeses of nazareth" - groan...

kenju said...

That's pretty clever....LOL


Snow? Get thee behind me, Satan!

That weather saying? I think everywhere in the country says that.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Gee, Pointer....you got me and the Scamp with out-loud chuckles...:

Cheeses of Nazareth.

Best thing I've seen on the net for awhile.

Hale McKay said...

Jack,

I checked it out - and I did.

Hale McKay said...

Christina,

LOL! There as a disclaimer - I am a PUNdit of puns.

Hale McKay said...

Judy,

I don't remember hearing that weather saying anywhere else, but it stands to reason it could be used just about anywhere.

Hale McKay said...

Hoss,

Glad to evoke a chuckle out of you and Scamp.

That "Cheeses of Nazareth" cartoon - I've been sitting on it for a week waiting for a chance to use it.