Thursday, February 24, 2005

Name That Tune

The following non-italicized paragraphs appear to be a simple story about learning to relax and living life to its fullest. Though the message is simple, the story has a secret cache of 53 song titles hidden within the text. The titles are complete and unbroken; none are separated by any other words. How many titles can you find? (All of them were top 40 hits.)
~
~ I'm sitting at the table with a bottle of wine, a sweet cherry wine, looking out my back door. These eyes see only a hazy shade of winter outside. All this snow, but there was no white Christmas this winter. Being careful not to spill the wine, knock on wood, I got up went to the white room that I use as a study.
~ I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice to go on vacation? I sure would like to be leaving on a jet plane for Montego Bay. Sooner or later, no matter what, everybody needs a break from this five o'clock world we live in. Everyday people can go crazy with little to do but daydream. Because one has to get ready for the days ahead, it is wise to cherish the memories we have. Let's live for today and get our kicks while we can.
~ Perhaps I can go up country and travel down some country roads through the whispering pines. I could open it up drive like a bat out of hell down the long and winding road.
~ Why not get on up and stand by me? We can come together on a Tuesday afternoon and runaway. We can look for the magic in the seasons in the sun. After a hard day's night of tossin' and turnin', we can forget about the back stabbers. It's the time of the season to go now.
~ I'll tell it like it is, our days on earth are precious and few. Pour some brandy or some strawberry wine for us, usually I drink alone, but time won't let me! It will be dandy to hold time in a bottle always and forever.
~
If you wish to compare your answers or to see which ones you might have missed, see Blog No.52, for a complete list of titles in their order of appearance in the above story. How do you think you did? If you found all 53, you should be running Blog quizzes.
~
No. 53
Johnny Carson
Free Web Counter

No comments: