Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Chip Off the Old Blog

.
I thought I would just post a mish-mash of thoughts and a few new quotes I stumbled upon. Besides, the short story business can be a little taxing. I am getting so involved in the plot that I am starting to get ahead of myself. I have posted four installments so far, and am a third of the way into composing the fifth. In a nut shell, I compose my postings twice. First, I write it out long hand on a legal pad. Because to me pencils are for drawing and pens for writing, there are no erasures but there are certainly quite a few cross outs. Then I type it onto the my site, editing, rewriting on the fly, and running the spell check. Like advice to a carpenter's apprentice to "measure twice, cut once," I edit twice, publish once.

Did you know that dogs make poor farmers? After all the thousands of years of evolution, they still try to grow hams by burying bones in the yard.

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward." - (Vernon Law, former Pittsburgh Pirates' pitcher)

"There is a Vitamin for being a friend, B1." - ( This actually my rewriting of a quote by a Sunday School teacher. Her quote used Christian instead of friend. By the way, I think hers is good too.)

"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." - (Warren Buffet, Investment Guru)

"Some people say that motivation does not always last. Well, neither does bathing -- that's why we recommend it daily." - ( Zig Ziglar, Motivational Maven)

"There are two things you can do with your head down: Play golf and pray." _ (Lee Trevino, Golfer)

"I once read this quote by the Rev. Joel Olsteen: ('You can't do anything about what is gone, but you can do something about what is left.') So I looked at the second muffin and promptly ate it too." - ( The Pointmeister, Blogger)

The answer is: Zellig Harris and Stephen Douglas.

And the Question is: Name a cunning linguist and a master debator.


No.262

2 comments:

the many Bs said...

I like your idea about the muffin.

Karyn Lyndon said...

Hello my baby
Hello my honey
Hello my ragtime gal...