Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Man of Letters


I found this image over at Timmy's place. He said, "Neat, huh?" I agree, it is neat. It was so neat that I decided to "borrow" it .

PUZZLING

Speaking of letters, I have recently come across the following group of letters:

GRUITU NMOQHI AVEBBAX SEXY ODTXFT FDJGZ YCWDEDO UULRAN SUMMER CVSFHD AGNWH XHZYOMKD FLOWER CMCYOH NASCAR
HZMNWKLQ EPYEGYF CANDY PCCTRKXE URGZYX BLITZ AHZMHDQ
RHYDTOCF EYZINDP OOPS WJFGAPVN EHMQFBMR KISSY GLPOPOY

Does that make any sense to you at all? Do you know what the group of letters represents? Those in bold face are not clues. They should be considered no different than any of the others.
....Is it a code? Can you make heads or tails of the letters? From the Multiple choices can you pick the answer?

(a) They mean nothing but a group of letters to perplex you that I made up
(b) It is the code that the Germans used in WWII that the British broke using a captured Enigma Machine
(c ) The above is an actual cryptogram puzzle that appeared in a newspaper (like the one Actonbell featured recently)
(d) None of the above

If you choose (d) what is the correct answer as to what they represent? This is no guarantee that (d) is in fact the correct answer. I'll post the answer tomorrow to give every one a chance to work on it, or get it right away.

No.321

1 comment:

TLP said...

I love the image. The puzzle puzzles me. Gonna tell us the answer?