Sunday, March 26, 2006
(This Redneckin' quiz was over at Kat's blog on 3/22. Since I have some Redneck genes, I thought I would borrow the idea for fun. I added a few at the end.)
1. Have you ever been muddin’? - Yes. Red clay muddin'.
2. Have you ever been on a dirt/gravel road? - Yes, you had to if you wanted to visit some of the kinfolk.
3. Ever been swimmin’ at the river? - With and without trunks.
4. Ever had a bonfire party? - Yep. My father had one every Saturday night in the summer.
5. Have you ever driven a tractor? - You betcha! (Lawn tractors don't count.)
6. Have you ever been on a horse? - Affirmative. My Grandparents had two of them.
7. Call a kiss “sugar” (Gimme some sugar)? - Used to hide from an aunt when she wanted to sugar.
8. Get stuck, in a 4WD, in mud up to the windows? - Up to the sideboard, but not to the windows.
9. Do you say fixin’, reckon and ya’ll? - You kidding? Spent 1st 17 years in West Virginia. Still use them.
10. Ever done 90 mph down a dirt road? - No. 50 mph was fast enough.
11. Worked/Lived on a farm? - Spent most of my youth on the weekends on Grandparent's farm, and they put us to work.
12. Been to a rodeo? - Yes, if one put on by the Shriners counts.
13. Do you own cowboy boots? - No. Never owned a pair.
14. Have you ever went rollin’ yard? - No, somehow I missed this.
15. Have you ever said “git er done”? - Fer sure!
16. Does your town have a “Drive A Tractor to School Day”? - No. But they did have tractor races. Again, not lawn tractors.
17. Have you ever had a party in a barn? - Well, we called them "hoedowns." I even went to a wedding in a barn.
18. Do you think tractors are sexy? - No, not particularly.
19. Ever rode a 4-wheeler? - No.
20. Are you from the country? - If Roane County, WV. isn't country, I don't know what is.
21. If so, are you proud of it? - Of course!
22. Gone hunting? - With sling shots and bow and arrows, but only once with guns.
23. Gone fishing? - If it wasn't for school, I'd have done a helluva lot more.
24. Can you clog or have you been clogging? - Unfortunately, just once.
25. Been on a hay ride? - Oh, yeah.
26. Have you ever line danced? - No. But I've been square dancing many times.
27. Camped under the stars? - I loved camping outdoors. (Trailers ain't camping.)
28. Ever been cow tippin’? - Don't tell my Granparents.
29. Ever owned a pick up truck? - Yep. Driving one now.
30. Had a pig for a pet? - No. I couldn't see getting attached to sausage and bacon unless it was cooked.
31. Own a pair of overalls? - Now - no! When I was a kid - yes.
32. Pee’d on the side of the road? When you gotta go, you gotta go! (Done number two also.)
33. Made homemade wine? - No.
34. Had a party at the creek? - Before, during and after skinny-dipping.
35. Milked a cow? - My stars! Of course.
36. Ran across round bails of hay? - I've seen a few, but the square ones are easier to run on.
37. Must have sweat tea? - Nope.
38. Been to a race? - If you mean NASCAR, no.
39. Drink fresh milk, straight from the dairy farm? - You don't think I'd milk a cow and not drink it?
40. Include the word “yonder” in your vocabulary? - Yup, all the time.
41.Have you been to a baptism in a river? - Yes. I was baptised (fully submersed) myself.
42.Ever been chased by a sow? A goat? A bull? A goose? - Yes, yes, yes and yes.
43.Used blasting caps to remove a tree stump? - Yep. One summer helped my Grandfather clear some more grazing land for the cattle.
44. Ever gone to the bathroom in an outhouse? - I was 12 years old before my Granparents had indoor plumbing.
45. Ever churned butter? - Us grandchildren took turns, one churning while the others rested their arms.
46. Ever bathe with homemade lye soap? - Uh huh. Boy, was Lifebuoy a welcome sight.
47. Ever refer to your food as victuals (pronounced vittles)? - That's another yes.
48. Ever eat raw vegetables right out of the garden? - To this day, I still eat carrots, green beans, cabbage and turnip raw. In fact, it's the only way I will eat carrots and turnip to this day.
49.Ever kiss your cousin? - Ahem! Holds up hand. Only Kissing was involved!
50. Ever play country musical instruments: spoons, washboard, Jews harp or a banjo? - Somewhere around my stuff, I still have my Jews harp.
(There you go. You will note I avoided any references to Deliverance jokes.)
Curmudgeon responsible for this post: Hale McKay at 8:15 PM