Saturday, May 03, 2008

Green Blogging vs Gas Guzzling


Today was an expensive day! I filled my gas tank and went food shopping!

Talk about a Catch-22!
My wife said to me, "How are we going get by on these high food prices?"
I answered, "Don't worry about it, we can't afford the gas to get to the store anyway!"

We are facing the ultimate dilemma: whether to fill our shopping carts or to fill our fuel tanks. Of course, we could always opt to half-fill our stomachs and tanks. That would make the problem half as bad, right?

It worries me to think that somewhere in bright a wardroom, illuminated by non-energy-saving bulbs, a think tank of wealthy entrepreneurs are gathered around a buffet of caviar and imported champagne trying to figure out how to put internal combustion engines on shopping carts. Meanwhile, their chauffeur-driven Hummer limousines are idling on the parking lot outside, ready to cart them off to the airport to board their private jets.

Why do I get the feeling that buying a box of Corn Flakes is depriving someone of a gallon of gas? Yet, that same gallon of gas translates into fewer Corn Flakes on the grocery store shelves.

Are alternative fuels such as ethanol, really the answer to the fuel crisis? Talk about biting the hand that feeds us!

The inevitable amalgamation of the ultra-mega conglomerates, such as Mobil-Ford-Kelloggs, Shell-GM-Post and Amoco,Toyota & Uncle Ben's will be the backbone of world's economy. It stands to reason that the combined forces of the oil, automotive, and cereal industries would have to work together to solve the world's energy crisis.

The news, led by Gates' Universe, Inc., which will own and control the broadcast, print and Internet mediums of communication, will serve as watchdog. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, the world's governments will either take credit or deny any involvement in any possible controversies - operating much in the same manner as they currently do.



Perhaps that possible future satirized above can be avoided by exploring other alternative forms of energy.

Wind Power

Avoiding crowded highways by taking shortcuts

More Efficient Batteries

Drayage - the use of draft animals

Shut up, PETA, you weren't invited to this posting!

Cost Efficient Airlines


No.1339

6 comments:

Skunkfeathers said...

I'm tellin' ya...the alternative fuel source that will forever break dependence on foreign oil is to synthesize and utilize human-generated methane ;)

Think of it: the government's sales pitch could be FREEDOM THROUGH FLATULENCE!

Hale McKay said...

Skunk,

I can see the most common catch-phrase:

Eat Shit, America!

Jack K. said...

Is it possible we are witnessing a method of dealing with rampant obesity?

I wonder.

You two guys do have weird senses of humor. I'm glad I'm not that weird. snicker, snicker, snerx.

Hale McKay said...

Jack,

Glad? Or envious?

Fred said...

Somehow, I knew if I ever came back, you'd be here.

My bicycle is ready to go should I ever need it. Of course, I fitted it with an engine that runs on petrol.

Taxi!

Hale McKay said...

Fred!!!!

Welcome back. I hope all has been well with you and your family.