Monday, September 22, 2008

A Blog With Lipstick Is Still A Blog


With first of the debates between McCain and Obama looming large, I am wondering what topics will create the most heated exchanges.
Moderator: Senator Obama, what do think of the debate process?
Sen Obama: The secret of good fishing is debate you put on dahook.

Moderator: What do think are the most important issues?
Sen Obama: That's a tough one, but I'd have to say it's a tossup between the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue and the Playboy Playmate Review issue.

Moderator: Governor Palin, what do you say are the most important issues?
Gov Palin: I'm partial to Field & Stream myself.

Joe Biden: Governor Palin, what does Field & Stream put in their centerfolds, moose?
Moderator: Senator Biden, you weren't called on to speak yet.
Gov Palin: I'm sure the Senator from Delaware wouldn't know a moose if he saw one.
Moderator: Okay. I'm sure the American public would like to hear your response, Mr. Biden.
Joe Biden: I do know that the difference between and a moose and an Alaskan housewife is the plaid jacket ... and lipstick!

Moderator: Senator McCain, I'm sure the American voters are concerned about your apparent confusion over the number of residences you own. Would you care to comment on that?
Sen McCain: It's quite simple really. I was putting the cart before the mule. I was counting the White House as home, rather prematurely, of course.

Moderator: Governor Palin, what would you do to clean up the mess in our government?
Gov Palin: Cleaning up messes is my specialty. Just the other day I had to clean our refrigerator at home.
Moderator: How do you equate cleaning a refrigerator to the state of our nation's government?
Gov Palin: I was using that as a metaphor. You see, our refrigerator was such a mess that the sour cream had gone good!

Moderator: Another topic of great interest to the voters is the concern for the protection of our financial institutions. They fear their stocks, mutual funds, and 401-Ks are in jeopardy.

Joe Biden: Governor Palin can put on all the lipstick she wants, but if you put lipstick on a buzzard, it's still a buzzard!


Hillary Clinton: Who are you calling a buzzard?

Yes, the Presidential and Vice Presidential debates for 2008 will be interesting. They promise to be the highest rated and most watched debates in history. Or not.

No.1472

2 comments:

Skunkfeathers said...

LOL...I reckon the debates will have their own respective spins applied, with a whole lot of latitude given the side best able to say alot without saying a thing
(aka, Oblahblah/Obiden).

Hale McKay said...

Skunk,

I remember some government official (Who? I don't recall) saying to Biden: "You are known for your Manic-obsessive running of the mouth"