Sunday, March 27, 2005

Love Hillbilly Style

This is not heading down that path of incest and inbreeding. A lot of humor about West Virginians has been directed there. Being a former Hillbilly, I have heard that kind of humor too many times for too long. I have no shame of my heritage (see my Blog No. 14 dated Jan. 31, 2005, "Hillbilly and Proud of It") and I have no reason to be.
* Nonetheless, Hillbilly humor is colorful and can be compared to Redneck humor in many ways. Jeff Foxworthy has made a nice living with it. Hillbillies are romantics too. Take a gander at a few Valentine's Day greeting cards sent to the wives and girl friends of some Applachian good ol' boys.
  1. You are as warm and cuddly as my old hound dog, Beauregard.
  2. I'd climb mountains for you. I'd swim rivers for you. For you, I would even take a bath.
  3. Next to my pickup, you are the love of my life.
  4. I love those cozy winter nights by the fireplace with all that wood you chopped.
  5. Darling, you make me as hot as those hand dryers in a turnpike restroom.
  6. My love for you runs hotter than a "74 Nova with a V-8 engine and a busted water pump.
  7. Your kisses are sweeter than wine, but without the paper bag.

Hillbillies are warm and cuddly characters also. This can be readily evidenced by the faithful maintenance of not only their pickup trucks, but also their beer bellies.

  1. Beer bellies are cool, and a good one will keep Sorority girls from pestering you.
  2. A good one can double as a TV tray for nachos and beer, or for biscuits and gravy.
  3. It is a great way to meet cute Cardiologists.
  4. Beer bellies have a lot room for more tattoos when your arms and back are full.
  5. The belly button can store up to eight quarters for the parking meter.
  6. Big beer bellies make the best waves and splashes when you do belly floppers in the pond.
  7. And with a big beer belly, there is more of to love.

As you can see, Hillbillies are lovable and likeable. They live a simple life, but they would have it no other way.

(For another Hillbilly's view of love and beer bellies, check out: http://bluedillydilly.blogspot.com

No.88



Ben and Susan return in a sequel to "The Strange Story of Mr. Black and Ms Gray" for another foray into the unexplored recesses of the human mind ... (Click here to read the story.)

Coming Soon ...

Coming Soon ...
Imprisoned in a bottle by a hideous giant, Alana's escape appeared hopeless. Her fate and the future of her people rested on an unlikely alliance with one of the giants.

Followed by a moon shadow

Networked Blog

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

an old buzzard

an old buzzard
How should I know?

Promote Your Blog

a Word to the wise

a Word to the wise
New Site: Serena Joy and I have teamed up for a romp through the world of words. Check Us Out! ~ "...a cockeyed look at words and the way we use and misuse them." - Miss Cellania

Original Comic Strip

Original Comic Strip
POODLE DOODLES

Gene Maudlin, 1930-2009

Gene Maudlin, 1930-2009
Ol' Hoss - you will be missed. Blogdom has lost an original. Your humor and wit raised the bar of what a humor blogger should be. Without you, I would have never come to admire and love the lowly dung beetle. (Click on the picture for a tribute to this man.)

Suzanne, R.I.P.

Suzanne, R.I.P.
Suzanne, Liquid Illuzion, left this world on Christmas Eve, 2008. This image and the following words were her gift to us. ~~~ "Here's a little 'Liquid' gift for you each! Think of me when you add a little ice to your holiday drinks, 'cause I'm right there with ya!

A Click Away

Save The World - One Click At A Time! On each of these websites, you can click a button to support the cause -- each click creates funding, and costs you nothing! Bookmark these sites, and click once a day! Click here to post this on your page or 'blog

archives-history


Comfort Blogging

he said

he said

She Said

they said

they said

Awards

MYSTERY CARROT AWARD MYSTERY CARROT AWARD for website adequacy


Thanks for ruining my keyboard - John S.




Thanks, Jackie


Good To The Last Word

Thanks, Sandee

funny pics & jokes

fonts, signs

fonts, signs

blog tools

blog tools
Can You Dig It?

music

music

references

miscellaneous

miscellaneous




Powered By Blogger

ALWAYS REMEMBER