Thursday, June 16, 2005

I Tot I Taw A Puddy Tat!

~
I assume that the Garfield comic strip by Jim Davis recently turned twenty-seven years-old. (Too lazy to research, thus I run the risk of making an ass of u and me.) That has been a recent recurring theme about our lovable lasagna-eating feline. The strip of June 16, in particular struck a chord with me.
~
~ There are three panels in which Garfield is seen lying on his back. The thought balloons were as follows:
Panel 1: "27...Where do the years go?"
Panel 2: "If only I could turn back the hands of time..."
Panel 3: (he is smiling) "And take all those naps all over again."
~
From this we gather that Garfield would not change a thing in his life if he had the chance. It's an often discussed and debated topic. Would we change anything if we were able to go back in time? It is easy to say yes, but we tend to qualify it. We add the caveat: "If I knew what I know now, back then."
~
I'm afraid, however, that that is not in the contract. That is not how the question was given. (Would you change anything in your life, if you had the chance?)
~
Myself, I have made a few mistakes. (But then again too few to mention - oops! Sorry, Frank.) There are a lot of things I would like to have turned out differently. But don't we all? I guess after all is said and done, my life and how it turned out isn't so bad.
~
Twenty-seven is an interesting age on which to focus. When I turned twenty-seven I had been to college, served four years in the Navy, gotten married, and had a one-year-old daughter. While monetary and material things could have made our life better back then, we are none the worse today.
~
No, I wouldn't change a thing as the question was posed. Now insert that caveat; you bet your sweet ass I would!
~
No.187
>Counter<

1 comment:

the many Bs said...

sigh... yes, wouldn't we all change a few things, knowing what we know now. Don't get me started down that road.