Friday, November 04, 2005

The Last Dance

The following is a conversation overheard on a dance floor.

Man: May I have this dance?
Woman: I was just dancing. I'm waiting for the last dance.
Man: Then, may I have the last dance?
Woman: I just danced the last dance.
Man: Well, how about the next dance?
Woman: Sorry, but that would be the last dance. It's already promised.
Man: How about the dance before the last?
Woman: That would be this dance.
Man: Okay. let's dance this dance.
Woman: The music stopped. That dance is over.
Man: Let's start over. Would you like to dance?
Woman: Yes. Which dance?
Man: This dance.
Woman: This dance already started. Let's wait.
Man: For the next dance, right?
Woman: Oh no, that would be the last dance. It's already promised.
Man: Then how about the dance before the last one?
Woman: Wouldn't that be this dance?
Man: Yes! Let's dance.
Woman: Now?
Man: No. The music stopped. This dance is over.
Woman: Would you like the last dance?
Man: No. The last dance is already promised, isn't it?
Woman: How about the one before that?
Man: That would be this dance.
Woman: Then how about the next one?
Man: That would be the last dance. But it's already promised.
Woman: You promised the last dance to someone else?
Man: No. You promised.
Woman: I don't even know you. Why would I promise you the last dance?
Man: No! That's the next dance.
Woman: We could always dance right now.
Man: No thanks, I'm too tired.
Woman: Then how about the next dance?
Man: That would be the last dance!
Woman: I thought the last dance was promised.
Disc Jockey: That was the last dance. Good night everyone!
Woman: Why didn't you ask me to dance?
Man: I did.
Woman: You did? Which dance was it?
Man: All of them!
Woman: Well, goodnight. I had a good time.
Man: Me too. Would you like to make last call?
Woman: Sorry, I already promised that to someone else.
Man: How about one drink before last call?
Woman: Wouldn't that be this one?
Man: It's on me!
Woman: Will this be your first one?
Man: No. The last one was. The next one will be the last.
Woman: You promised someone else the last one?
Man: Only after the second one.
Bar Tender: Last call!
Woman: Would you like to come over to my place?
Man: No thanks, that's the last place I want to go!
No.409

2 comments:

Pareshaan said...

Hahaha...that was funny. And Debby Does Dallas is great - A classic, if there ever was one.

Shannon akaMonty said...

I thought that was you that night.