Wednesday, July 12, 2006

This Rolling Stone Gathered Moss


Sometimes if you yank on the right chain, things take on a life of their own. As such, there is an inevitable chain of events that defy logic and common sense.
....When it comes to Blogging all bets are off. The only rule is that there are no rules.
....A typical Blogger wants just one thing, to be read. A Blog isn't a back issue of a magazine found on a table in a dentist's office. It doesn't appear on an index card in a library. You'll never find one on the New York Time's Best Sellers List.
....Where you can find one is on a Blogroll. That in itself is a nice compliment. Of course, being blog-rolled is an earned honor. It's not quite as simple as "You Blogroll me, and I'll Blogroll you," but it is a start. In the end, one is blog-rolled because someone liked that Blog.
....Then there is the ultimate tribute to a Blog, it is chosen by another site as a special blog. A necessary evil for some Bloggers is to blatantly draw attention to themselves. In a word, one Blogger yanks another's chain!
....The voice fingers of experience are responsible for what you are currently reading. Yes, I yanked FTS's chain and as such was chosen as Blog Of The Week for the week of July 9. In the event that you are unaware of my recent antics, click here to see the post that brought about that honor. That post is also the inspiration for the title of this one.
....This is where the rolling stone began to gather moss. If you have read that post and just happened to also read the comments, you would've seen a comment in which Sudie said she would put up an audio post singing my parody of the song, Cover of the Rolling Stone. Well guess what, dear readers? She actually did it! She sang a great rendition of it too! Don't be surprised if she doesn't cut a CD and sell it on Amazon. To hear that recording, please click on this link.
(Note the subtle hint to FTS at the end of the recording.)
....Could it be that my rolling stone is still gathering moss?

No.687

9 comments:

Raggedy said...

Good post!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Peter said...

You've now succeded in poluting another blogger too Mike, is there no end to this debauchery??

Karen said...

too kEwL, Mike!

i'm going to feature your blog at my place for tomorrow's Friday Fun!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hah! I have one-up you: Monty dedicated a song JUST TO ME today.

I am in the big-time....

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

congrats on your honor. I read the lyrics but haven't heard the song yet... I'm heading over there now

Fred said...

Blog of the Week - wow! I'm honored to be here reading the elite!

Cheri said...

Baby, I love that Tarzan pix. XOXOX

Sudiegirl said...

THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks to me shamelessly promoting you, and you shamelessly promoting me, we both got Featured Blog!!!!

WWOOOOOHOOOO!

You so rock, my friend - thanks!

Hale McKay said...

...And so we will be forever infamously linked, Sudie.