Wednesday, November 29, 2006

O Little Clown Who's President

As I am sometimes wont to do, I like to parody songs. With Christmas fast approaching there is a plethora of carols from which to choose.

I was in a quandary. Which one should I parody? At first, I experimented with the words: O Come Let Us Ignore Him.... Then I toyed with: Oh, Tsar of Blunder, Tsar of Blight.... Another had possibilities: You're a mean one, Mr. President..

Then lo and behold, I found the caricature at the above right. Now just what song could possibly tie in with that cartoon? The parodied title and subject fit like a glove: Oh Little Clown Who's President...So clear your throats and take a sip of whatever libation is close at hand and sing along...

Oh Little Clown Who's President
(sung to the tune of Oh Little Town of Bethlehem)

Oh little clown who's President, we still hear how thee lied
About thy fears of terrorists and the weapons that they hide.
You neath satin sheets somehow manage to fall asleep tonight,
Despite the hopes and fears of our troops while they fight.

Should we attempt another number? Sure, why not? I'm a sandwich! (translation: sandwich = on a roll)~(Note to self: delete this awful pun)

The Dubya's Song
(Sung to the tune of The Grinch's Song)

You're a mean one, Mr. President,
You really are a jerk,
You're as welcome as a rash,
You're a real piece of work, Mr. President,
You're a megalomaniac gone berserk!

You're an idiot, Mr. President,
Your heart pumps oil,
Your brain is full of grandeur,
Your smile can make milk spoil, Mr. President,
You should be wrapped with thirty-nine-and-a-half feet of foil!

You're a coward, Mr. President,
You're a mealy mouthed punk,
Your heart is as cold as an icebox,
Your Party is all but sunk, Mr. President,
The three words that best describe how I should feel, and I quote,
"Drink, drank, drunk"!

No.814

9 comments:

Peter said...

Let 'er rip Dick.... Ooops... Mike, give 'em both barrels

Miss Cellania said...

Funny! I am grateful for Google Images, that they can inspire you so!

lime said...

next parody....we three stooges of dubya are....

Anonymous said...

I like the first one the best. Good on you.

Lori said...

On a scale from 1 to 10....10 being the highest....This post is a 10.....I laughed pretty hard at that picture!!!

Have a great day!!!

jules said...

Can you say podcast, Mikey? I wanna hear you sing it!

Serena said...

What can I say but -- I am LMAO! I do believe you've surpassed yourself on this one. :)

Hale McKay said...

Lime- "We Three Stooges of Dubya Are" - - I like it! It just so happens that I have the perfect cartoon to go with it.

Lori- A 10 on a scale of 1 to 10? THat means it's a perfect post?
...Someone please notify the giver of "The Perfect Posts" awards.

Jules- You wanna hear me sing? You are certainly one very brave woman!

Margaret said...

Have never laughed so much in a long while, How clever are you?
Cheers Margaret