on the planet selects one of my posts for the July 2007 Perfect Post Award, it occurred to me to just how George and Weezie must have felt:
Well we're movin' on up (movin' on up)Just who is he, he who is one of the funniest Bloggers on the planet? None other than Old Hoss, naturally !
To the East Side. (Movin' on up)
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
We're movin' on up (movin' on up)
To the East Side. (movin' on up)
We finally got a piece of the pie.
To wit, the post he chose is THIS ONE , in which I parodied 30 movie titles.
Personally, I think item #6 on my 'mangled movie titles' list is the one that won Hoss over. (Then again, maybe it was #8.)
Interestingly, I was playing around with that theme again. The recent post containing parodied titles was a "tribute" to the phenomenon that is Harry Potter. You can see the seven "up-coming" titles of Harry Potter movies and TV shows at this post .
Here's a few more I hastily threw together:
1) - Schindler's Schit List - It's a little known fact that Schindler kept a another list - of those who were not going to be saved.
2) - Fileting Nemo - An alternate ending to the kid's Disney classic looks at Nemo's fate had he been caught in the net of a fishing trawler.
3) - Once Upon a Time In Mae West - A scathing tell all from the diaries of the men who knew her the best.
4) - Terror in the Isles - Another attempt by Brooke Shields to resurrect her career in another Blue Lagoon sequel.
5) - Around the World In Eighty Ways - A young boy learns about life while shipwrecked on a desert island with a French maid.