* "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." - David O. McKay
* "A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher
* Creating a warm, caring, supportive, encouraging environment is probably the most important thing you can do for your family. - Stephen Covey
* "Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." - Zora Neale Hurston
* "God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." - Jewish Proverb
* "The commonest fallacy among women is that simply having children makes one a mother - which is as absurd as believing that having a piano makes one a musician." - Sydney Harris
* On Mother's Day a minister gave this perfect tribute: "My mother practices what I preach."- Capper's weekly
* Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, and call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. - Jane Howard
* Healthy families are our greatest national resource. - Dolores Curran
* Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall. A mother's secret love outlives them all.-
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
* Abraham Lincoln's Mom:
"Again with the stovepipe hat, Abe? Can't you just wear a baseball cap like the other kids?"
* Barney's Mom:
"I realize strained plums are your favorite, Barney, but you're starting to look a little purple!"
* Mary's Mom:
"I'm not upset the you lamb followed you to school, Mary, but I would like to know how he got a better grade than you!"
* Batman's Mom:
"It's a nice car, Bruce, but do you realize how much the insurance will be!"
* Goldilock's Mom:
"I've got a bill here for a busted chair from the bear family. You know anything about this Goldie?"
* Little Miss Muffet's Mom:
"Well, all I've got to say is if you don't get of your tuffet and start cleaning your room, there'll be a lot more spiders around here!"
* Albert Einstein's Mom:
"But, Albert, it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something....?"
* George Washington's Mom:
"The next time I catch you throwing money across the Potomac, you can kiss your allowance good-bye!"
* Jonah's Mom:
"That's a nice story, but now tell me where you've really been for the past 3 days!"
* Superman's Mom:
"Clark, your father and I have discussed it, and we've decided you can have your own telephone line. Now will you quit spending so much time in all those phone booths!"
* Thomas Edison's Mom:
"Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb, dear. Now turn off that light and get to bed!"
* "A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car." -Carrie Snow
* "Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends." -Laurie Kuslansky
* "My second favorite household chore is ironing. The first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." -Erma Bombeck
* "A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't." -Rhonda Handsome
* "Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows." -Jennifer Unlimited
* "Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult." -Charlotte Whitton
* "Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart." -Caryn Leschen
* "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once." -Jennifer Unlimited
* "When I was young, I was put in a school for retarded kids for two years before they realized I actually had a hearing loss. And they called ME slow!" -Kathy Buckley
* "If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them." -Sue Grafton
* "When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country." -Elayne Boosler
* "Behind every successful man is a surprised woman." -Maryon Pearson
* "In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man- if you want anything done, ask a woman." -Margaret Thatcher
* "I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career." -Gloria Steinem
* "I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house." -Zsa Zsa Gabor
* "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." -Eleanor Roosevelt
* "No man is poor who has had a godly mother."- Abraham Lincoln
* "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."- Honore' de Balzac
* "Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; a mother's secret hope outlives them all."- Oliver Wendell Holmes
* "Before becoming a mother I had a hundred theories on how to bring up children. Now I have seven children and only one theory: love them, especially when they least deserves to be loved."- Kate Samperi
* "Making a decision to have a child -- it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."- Elizabeth Stone
* "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much."- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
* Adorable children are considered to be the general property of the human race. Rude children belong to their mothers- Judith Martin
* "The mother loves her child most divinely, not when she surrounds him with comfort and anticipates his wants, but when she resolutely holds him to the highest standards and is content with nothing less than his best."- Hamilton Wright Mabie
* "Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own."-Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons
* "A mother understands what a child does not say." - Jewish Proverb
* "The mother-child relationship is paradoxical and, in a sense, tragic. It requires the most intense love on the mother's side, yet this very love must help the child grow away from the mother, and to become fully independent."- Erich Fromm
* "A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take."- Cardinal Mermillod
* "Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother."- Lin Yü-tang
* "Every mother is like Moses. She does not enter the Promised Land. She prepares a world she will not see."- Pope Paul VI
* "The mother is the most precious possessions of the nation, so precious that society advances its highest well-being when it protects the functions of the mother."- Ellen Key
* "Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world."- Kate Douglas Wiggin
To Mothers Who Blog
To All Mothers