Saturday, June 04, 2005

He Who Laughs, Lasts

~
My Grandfather once said to me:
~ You have two eyes and two ears, but only one mouth; therefore you should observe and listen twice as much as you speak!
~ Actually, my Grandfather never said that; but I'm sure some Grandfather once said that to his grandson. So until one them steps forward to claim that quote, I am keeping it!
~
I once tried walking tall and carrying a big stick, but I ran into someone taller carrying a bigger stick!
~
Life is a long preparation for something that never happens. ( William Butler Yeats)
~ I guess that's true. I've been preparing for the day I hit the lottery ! Well, it hasn't happened yet!
~
It is not true that life is one damn thing after another - it's one damn thing over and over. ( Edna St. Vincent Millay )
~ I can't tell you how many times I have been asked to repaint and wall paper the bathroom!
~
What a good thing Adam had - when he said a good thing, he knew nobody had said it before. ( Mark Twain )
~ I guess that makes Eve he very first plagarist?

~No.170

>Counter<

No comments: