Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday

It's Good Friday! It would be a better Friday if I didn't have to work on it.

Wait just a minute! Aren't all Fridays good? After all, Fridays are the end of the week. They are the start of weekends.

This Friday is different. It marks the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ. It seems to me that I remember Good Friday being a religious holiday. If I recall my Bible studies, Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead on the third day.

Alas, if I were to continue a discourse on the Resurrection and significance of Easter, I would offend someone! Perish the thought that I would subsequently become the target of some pontificating PC sniper. Heaven forbid that I exercise my right of freedom of expression, and dare I say it, religious beliefs?

No, for now I'm not going to joust with those "knights-of-the-absurd." Perhaps I'll run my lance up their collective politically correct asses at the end of this posting.

No doubt there will be some head scratching about the picture above that I have chosen to accompany this post. For a post about Good Friday - there should be!
That picture and this one are pictures you would expect to find by doing a browser search for the U.S. Cavalry.

Not so! These images, as well as several sites were found among the thousands of entries for CALVARY. In fact, the Yahoo! search engine asked, Do you mean cavalry or calvery? (What in the hell is calvery anyway?)

It's my turn to be a PC enforcer. I mean a Phonetically Correct enforcer! Listen up dunderheads, if I wanted cavalry, I would have typed 'c-a-v-a-l-r-y !' Unless I am mistaken, Custer died while serving in the U.S. Cavalry, and Jesus did not die at Little Big Horn.

Okay, you PC knights bend over, prepare to be skewered. Here comes my lance. While becoming shish kabob, please explain to me what you have against the children of Rhode Island?

You and your ilk have taken it upon yourselves to decide that in that state the Easter Bunny will henceforth be known as Peter Rabbit ! Why? Because someone might be offended? Pray tell, what does he carry in his basket - Peter eggs? Oh, excuse me, that would be his Peter basket, wouldn't it?

I can see it now, all the little girls wearing their Peter bonnets while they watch the annual Peter parade! Of course, your ultimate goal is to rename the holiday, am I right? Happy Peter Day, everyone!

See that bunny in that picture up there? How long will it be before some pervert dresses up for the festivities and flashes his eggs?

If you PC morons cannot see the folly of your ways, I suggest that the lot of you be rounded up and thrown in some dark jail cells where you belong! Who knows, maybe, just maybe your cell mate will be a big burly guy named Peter who decides he's going to skewer you with his .. ahem .. Easter!

(This post should have been put up yesterday on Friday, but I've been a little under the weather and wasn't up to finishing it. The message, however, was something I wanted to get off my chest.)

No.946

7 comments:

Serena said...

Good post, Mike. That cavalry/Calvary thing always bugs me, too. Hope you're feeling better.

I loved getting flashed by the EASTER BUNNY. So sue me, Rhode Island.

MXI said...

You said it all,I agree with it all and am left with nothing to add.
Happy Easter...or whatever term is least offensive.

Peter said...

Are you telling me that the cavalry isn't going to Calvary this Easter... Oooops Peter, all too confusing I'll go to the Rhode Island skewering instead.

daktara said...

you have a very nice blog
congratulation

Miss Cellania said...

I have a post up about my beliefs today, although its a rerun of last year's... and I got no PC flak at all last year. But it doesn't mention bunnies at all!

jules said...

I got flashed! Whoo hoo!

Raggedy said...

Great post!
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Hugs