Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Harbinger of Spring

~
Well, I just saw the first sign of spring,
And no, twas not the very first robin
Outside in the back yard a-hoppin;
It was not that the trees are greening.
~
It was not that the clock has changed,
And not that all the snow has thawed;
It wasn't that the mower's overhauled,
Or that the furniture was rearranged.
~
No, it wasn't because days are longer,
Or that our clothing is much thinner;
And not that my team was no winner
Opening day, the other was stronger.
~
The kids with bats, balls and gloves,
Playing on all the parks and the fields,
Are not the signs where winter yields
To spring's flowers and morning doves.
~
I just saw today the surest sign of all,
That one certain harbinger of spring;
Yes today I saw that one special thing,
I saw it today, the very first carnival.
~
No.106

~Counter<

No comments: