Over at her Blog, Karen had a brief post that posed the question, "What if condoms were corporate sponsored?" She had two good examples, which spawned this post of mine today. She had condoms sponsored by Nike which bore the slogan "Just do it." The other was condoms sponsored by McDonalds' bearing "We love to see you smile."
....To her comments I suggested using Wendys' "Big and Juicy," and are you ready for this "Where's the beef?" I also threw out the old Alka Seltzer jingle "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is."
....Then another commenter, Canadian Dude, added Budweiser's "This Bud's for you," Pontiac's "We are driving excitement," and McDonalds' "I'm loving it." (By the way it behooves you to visit his site, he has some funny stuff there.)
....Surprise, surprise, I was compelled to come up with a Blog on that same theme. So I took the idea and ran with it. Without further adieu here is a list, including those above.
- Access - Your flexible friend. *
- Alka Seltzer - Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz, Oh what a relief it is.
- Alka Seltzer - I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
- Alka Seltzer - That's a speecy-spicy meat-a-ball!
- BMW - The ultimate driving machine.
- Bacardi Silver Premium Malt - Your night just got more interesting.
- Blockbuster - Make it a Blockbuster night.
- Bounty Towels - The quicker picker-upper.
- Braniff Airlines - If you've got it, flaunt it.
- Brylcream - A little dab'll do ya.
- Burger King - Have it your way.
- Budweiser - This Bud's for you. (Canadian Dude)
- Campbells' Soups - M'm! M'm! Good!
- Chevy Trucks - Like a rock! (Karen )
- Chicken Assoc. - It's what's for dinner. (Stringman )
- Coca Cola - It's the real thing. ( Stringman )
- Deere - Nothing runs like a Deere.
- Degree Deodorant - It won't let you down.
- Energizer - It just keeps going .. and going .. and going .. ( Karen )
- Exxon (Esso) - Put a tiger in your tank.
- Federal Express - When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight.
- Folgers - The best part of waking up, is Folgers in your cup. (Fn Queen )
- Full Throttle - Let Your Man Out.
- Hallmark - When you care to send the very best.
- Hotjobs.com - Onward. Upward.
- KFC - Finger lickin' good. ( Karen )
- M&M's - It melts in your mouth, not in your hand. ( Karen )
- Maxwell House - Good to the last drop.
- McDonalds - I'm loving it. ( Canadian Dude )
- McDonalds - We love to see you smile. ( Karen )
- Microsoft - Where do you want it today?
- Miller Beer - Tastes great! Less filling! ( Fn Queen )
- Monster.Com - Find the one you dig.
- Mountain Dew - Obey your thirst. ( Stringman )
- Nike - Just do it! ( Karen )
- Nuprin - Little. Yellow. Different. (Monty )
- Peter Paul Mounds - Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
- Pontiac - We are driving excitement. ( Canadian Dude )
- Pork Assoc. - The other white meat.
- Pringles - Once you pop, you can't stop! ( Karen )
- Radio Times - If it's on, it's in. *
- Timex - It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
- Toyota - I love what you do for me. ( Stringman )
- Twinkies - Hey! Where's the cream filling? ( Fn Queen )
- U.S. Army - Be all you can be.
- Visa - It's everywhere you want to be.
- Volkswagen - Drivers wanted.
- Wendys - Big and juicy.
- Wendys - Where's the beef?
There you have it, a pretty good sized list. If you can think of some more, I'll add them to the list and give you credit, of course! Isn't it amazing how many products are designed to keep us safe ?
* These two I never heard of before, but they fit the theme. (Pardon the pun.)