Sunday, February 01, 2009

Wintertime Blues



Thankfully the thermometers around here hit 40° today. That gave me the opportunity to finally clear my driveway of ice. I've been throwing rock salt around for several days, but any melting would promptly refreeze.

Old Man Winter sure was being one ornery icon for most of January. He gave us over 50" of snow, an ice storm, two snowfalls that turned over to sleet, and 20 some days with below freezing temperatures. Only on one occasion did we have consecutive days of above freezing temps, and that was for only two days.



One thing I hate about snow, is cleaning it off our vehicles.
The secret is to keep the vehicles warm!


For the past three years, immediately following the Super Bowl, I have posted a recap of the game as well as the commercials. I will have the recap jotted down, but will be unable to get it posted within a reasonable time for today.

With the next installment of the current short story, "The Strange Story of Mr. Black and Ms Gray," due to be posted tomorrow, I will run the Super Bowl XLIII recap on Tuesday.

While I'm not particularly fond of Bruce Springsteen, I will have to admit that this was one of the better Super Bowl halftime shows I've seen.




An oldie for sure, but it's still funny. It was pulled and not allowed to run during Super Bowl XLI in 2007.

1598

No comments: