Monday, September 06, 2010

Work - Bad; Football - Good


BACK TO WORK!

That sure was a quick ten days! I don't want to go back to work.

I sure could get used to staying home and not having to drive from town to town every day. It would be nice not to be tied to those daily schedules and not have to be at any specified addresses at specified times.

Alas, it'll be at least a year, maybe two, before I officially declare myself retired. Until then I'll maintain a part-time status. Coupled with the monthly government check I can get by comfortably. I guess that makes me "semi-retired."

Because of the Labor Day holiday, I only have to work four days this week. But having a holiday-shortened week does have one drawback. I have to reschedule the Monday clients somewhere on the other four days. I really don't want to go back to work. Now the lyrics of Larry Verne are stuck in my head:
Please, Mr. Custer. I don't wanna go ...
Since the lyrics might be now stuck in your mind too ... you might as well listen to the whole song:




Are you ready for some football?

Thursday night the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints take on the Minnesota Vikings. I've got my Fantasy Football teams set up and ready for some football!




Flies on the Wall


Due to my 10-day vacation, which included Labor Day, I was unable to put much work into the 31st installment of Butterfly Dreams. I will try to have it posted by Friday, 9/10. If not on Friday, it will definitely appear on Monday, 9/13. Thank you for patience.

2035

5 comments:

Jack K. said...

Alas, I know your dilemma well. It was just this year that I decided to move from semi-retired to fully retired. It is quite nice. We have been doing some traveling and plan to do more.

I know you have seen some of the photos of these sojourns for the soul. More are to come.

Sandee said...

You'll indeed like retirement. I certainly do. I can't imagine having to go to work everyday.

Have a terrific day in spite of having to work. :)

Hale McKay said...

Jack,

I think this coming winter will be the determining factor ...

Cleaning snow and ice off the truck, driving on snow and ice, trudging through the stuff .... YUCK!

Hale McKay said...

Sandee,

It will definitely be nice to not have to adhere to a schedule.

Unknown said...

Nice piece of information, I had come to know about your internet site from my friend venki, Vizag,i have read atleast 12

posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just

the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for

the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanx a ton once again, Regards, bob marley quotes