Sunday, July 24, 2005

Coming Soon To A Blog Near You


The time has come. Inspired by Karyn's Short Story Wednesday, I have decided to try my luck with a short story. I must admit that I am not creating this story on the fly. This idea was once in a hand written manuscript form, ready to be typed. Alas, I never had it typed up. That was about fifteen years ago. Unfortunately, I have never found it since. I'm not even sure that it still exists. This is an attempt to recreate it. Certain elements of the story will be updated to allow for new technology that did not exist then, such as the lap top computer and the cell phone.

I suppose the story could be classified in the suspense genre. I will attempt to follow a posting schedule also, probably as a Short Story Weekend. That will allow me either Saturday or Sunday, or both days to have a chapter or two published. With a deadline to pressure me, it should prevent me from letting it slip by the wayside.

I have one chapter completed and it will be posted later this day, Sunday. As it is now closer to dawn than it is to midnight, I will probably post it sometime in the afternoon. By the way, the name of the story is:

(In olden days letters and other writings were written with quill (feather) pens dipped into ink. A quire was an equivalent of a ream, and generally parchment was used.)

No.255

3 comments:

the many Bs said...

I look forward to reading it.

Karyn Lyndon said...

It was Short Story Wednesday...Friday is Freaky Friday...lol

Hale McKay said...

I stand corrected. Wednesday it is. The post has been amended. Thank you - and sorry 'bout that!