Saturday, February 16, 2008

Getting Tired of Putting "Leg" in The Title

"I don't suppose that you'd mind this being your last visit to us?"

Did I detect sarcasm in the voice of this young scallawag of a doctor?

I'm sure that whatever education it took for him to become a doctor cost more than my Associates Degree in Business Management, but I think he'd be better off forgetting about moonlighting as a stand-up comedian.

"I think you'll be more comfortable remaining home for the next week or so and letting nature take over the treatments."

("Hell no, doc. I can think of nothing better to do than to hang aroung a hospital waiting room all day. I mean where else can I go to watch people suffering while I'm in pain myself?")

So it came to an end, my week of out-patient care. After sitting around for two hours, I spent a grand total of 5 minutes split between a nurse and the doctor.

Now I am truly on R & R. For at least a week, all I need do is to keep my leg elevated above my heart, take 3 anti-biotic pills a day, apply hot compresses periodically, and ... rest.

The leg is obviously better, otherwise the doctor would've either ordered more IV treatments or considered admitting me. There is still some swelling and redness and some pain, but even this untrained eye can see and feel the improvement.

Hopefully, this will be the last time I try to be so creative with the titles of my posts. In a nutshell, I was getting awfully tired of finding a way to put "LEG" in these titles.

No.1262

6 comments:

Jude Allen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better Mike, surely you'll be back out there jumping up and down and doing cartwheels in no time. And a Happy Belated Birthday to you too pal, and many more!
(P.S., if you need any help with anatomically named post titles, i can give you a leg up)
Sorry, had to toss in one "leg" joke. Get some rest buddy!

Rain said...

Happy Belated Birthday my friend!

Skunkfeathers said...

Continue what's working!

Nankin said...

I'm glad you're feeling etter and a belated Happy Birthday.

Jack K. said...

You know you are on the mend when you begin to get really cranky because the doc is trying to be funny.

Keep up your good works.

btw, be sure your feet are above your heart.

Hale McKay said...

Blue,

Thanks. By the way, I actually used "Getting A Leg Up" as a title of a post back in November the first time I experienced this cellulitis thing.