Sunday, September 07, 2008

Drug Me!

Sunday POODLE DOODLES

In the Bag

I'm hoping it was just a 24-hour bug. I woke up his morning feeling awful. I felt like crap all day long! It seemed like every joint and every muscle in my body was throbbing in pain. My body felt hot all over - a fever?

My sinuses were running rampant, more so than usual. Next I began to experience chills. If I covered my self with a blanket - I was hot! If I removed the blanket - I was cold! All the while the aches in my body persisted.

All day long I kept drifting in and out of sleep even though I was sitting in an upright position on the sofa. When I did get up, to hit the head or to get a drink, my movements were stiff and painful. On at least three occasions I tried to down a cup of coffee only managing a sip or two before drifting off to sleep again.

I was so looking forward to this weekend - the first official weekend of the professional football season. I had my fantasy football rosters ready and was prepared to spend the afternoon in front of the TV set. I spent the afternoon in front of the TV alright, but I slept through most of the games, essentially missing them.

My wife called me for dinner, but I turned it down. I didn't feel like eating even though I had not eaten a thing all day. I found out later that the meal was one of favorites - spaghetti and meatballs.

I downed as many drugs as I dared, mainly pain killers. I had two cups of Thera-Flu. Finally, around 8 pm I started to feel somewhat better. To be safe, I think I'll turn in early. With all the sleep I had during the day, I hope I'll be able to sleep through the night.

I feel certain that I must have had a nasty 24-hour bug of some kind. It could have been a result of yesterday's activities. I was working in the stifling humidity and a couple of times I stood close to air conditioners on high. It probably wasn't a good idea to be that close to a/c with perspiration still dripping from my body. When I arrived home, and still perspiring heavily, I sat for twenty minutes in front of the a/c.

When I get up in the morning, I'm hoping it will have passed. Time will tell.

No.1458

1 comment:

Skunkfeathers said...

When the 'bug' catches me, drugs and sleep is all I crave ;)