1. Money isn't made out of paper, it's made out of cotton.
2. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp (marijuana)
3. The dot over the letter 'i' is called a 'tittle'.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and
down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
6. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
7. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
8. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor, who had red eyes. He was
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents, daily.
10. Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother an d sister.
11. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system; a few ounces
will kill a small sized dog
12. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's
stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
13. Most lipstick contains fish scales (eeww).
14. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear
15. Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as medicine.
16. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because
in the time when all original print had to be set in individual
letters, the upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the
case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
17. Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other
at the same time. (Hence,multi-tasking was invented.)
18. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II
were made of wood.
19. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan; there was never
a recorded Wendy before!
21. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange,
purple, and silver!
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to
paint Mona Lisa's lips.
23. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go mad
and sting itself to death.
24. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original 'Halloween' was a
Captain Kirk's mask painted white.
25. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have
$1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being
able to make change for a dollar (good to know.)
26. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink
in quicksand (and you thought this list was completely useless.)
27. The phrase 'rule of thumb' is derived from an old Engl ish law,
which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than
28. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player
for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was
the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
29. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece
of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with
30. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
31. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher..
32. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most
often stolen from Public Libraries.
33. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space
because passing wind in a space suit damages it. I NEED TO REMEMBER
34. George Carlin said it best about Martha Stewart. 'Boy, I feel a
lot safer now that she' s behind bars.. O. J. Simpson and Kobe Bryant
are still walking around; Osama Bin Laden too, but they take the ONE
woman in America willing to cook, clean, and work in the yard, and they
haul her off to jail.'
35. The National Forestry's mascot is named Smokey Bear and NOT Smokey the Bear.